Examinations taken at other universities, domestic or abroad, before starting studies at the University of Paderborn may be credited given the corresponding equivalence with examinations in the degree program Electrical Systems Engineering. As a first step, the work achieved (examinations) at the home university has to be compiled and submitted to the Examination Board.
An informal application for recognition has to be filed for a definite recognition. To submit the application the following documents have to be sent by e-mail to ms-ese[at]upb.de:
- Informal application for recognition of examinations on the contact form.
- For examinations not taken in Paderborn:
- Official transcripts of the study performances and examinations (original or certified copy) issued by the registrar’s office at the home university.
- It is beneficial to submit either documents stating the content of the classes you attended which you want to have recognized or links to the respective course descriptions in the internet.
- In addition for examinations taken abroad:
- A notarized translation of transcripts / certificates written in a language other than German or English.
- A certification by the International Office about options to recognize study performances / examinations taken at a foreign university.
If the submitted documents are complete, the examinations may be recognized immediately and forwarded to the Central Examination Secretariat. If you have any questions, please also use the contact form.