Our research on intelligent energy systems includes service and development work for industrial partners (mostly contract research) as well as basic research (mostly publicly funded). Focus topics are:
- Energy management in complex systems
- Optimal system operation of micro- and smart-grids with respect to efficiency, costs, etc.
- Safe operation of islanded and remote microgrids
- Maximization of renewable energy generation in local systems
- Sector coupling strategies addressing heat, gas and mobility
- Multi-objective and hierarchical optimal control frameworks
- Hardware design for electric energy systems
- Hybrid battery storages
- High power and high efficiency power electronics
- Monitoring and control devices for AC & DC grids
Below you will find a selection of the publicly funded research projects of our chair. In addition, you will find further insights into our research work in our publication list.