|Participants: || Masterstudium |
|Lecturer: ||Prof. Dr.-Ing. Böcker |
| ||(Consultation hours by arrangement) |
Procedure in the summer term 2020:
Der Kurs kann leider nicht in einem digitalen Format angeboten werden. Ggf. startet der Kurs verspätet als Präsenz-Lehrveranstaltung, sofern dies im laufenden Semester wieder möglich sein sollte. Sollte das nicht möglich sein, fällt die Lehrveranstaltung aus.
Announcement for the summer term 2020:
In the coming summer semester, I will offer a new Master's course entitled "Power Electronics for the Energy Transition".
Power electronics is already a key technology for modern concepts of energy generation, distribution, and utilization. The course presents the possibilities of present and future power electronic systems and components in interaction with the energy technology requirements. The following topics are covered:
- Brief introduction to power electronics
- Economic fundamentals of the energy industry, rules, EEG law, electricity stock exchange, etc.
- Technical principles of the energy industry, average demand, daily and seasonal fluctuations, etc.
- AC transmission and distribution grids, transformers, basics of control active and reactive power, minute reserve, primary, secondary and tertiary control
- Flexible AC transmission systems (FACTS)
- Static reactive power compensator (STATCOM), passive and active filters, electronic transformers
- Sector coupling, Power to Gas, Vehicle to Grid, E-mobility
- Photovoltaic inverter
- Wind power converter
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Battery storage and converters and energy management
- Smart grids
- DC grids
- High-voltage DC transmission
It is advantageous, but not mandatory, to have already basic knowledge of power electronics, as this course will briefly summarize the basics at the beginning.
In the coming term, the lecture will be offered in German. Documents and technical terms are partly provided in English.
Times: Tue 14:00-15:30 and 15:45-17:15