|Participants: || Masterstudium |
|Lecturer: ||Prof. Dr.-Ing. Böcker |
| ||(Consultation hours by arrangement) |
This new master course will now be offered for the first time by the LEA department in the upcoming summer semester (SS 2021).
Power electronics is already a key technology for modern concepts of energy generation, distribution and use, without which the integration of renewable energies can hardly succeed.
The following topics will be covered:
- Classical power transmission and distribution via three-phase networks.
- Brief introduction to power electronics and the most important basic circuits
- Direct current networks
- Flexible three-phase transmission systems (FACTS)
- Energy and network management
- Grid strategy
- Smart Grids, Microgrids
- Load control
- Wind power, photovoltaics
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
It is advantageous, but not mandatory, to already have a basic knowledge of power electronics, as this course will concisely summarize the fundamentals.
The course is taught by:
- Prof. Joachim Böcker
- Dr. Frank Schafmeister
- Dr. Thorsten Vogt
- Dr. Karl Stephan Stille
- Sören Hanke
In addition, we were able to win Mr. Timo Busse (Westfalen Weser Netz) as a speaker for the economic topics.
The course will be held in a digital format.
Further information and teaching materials can be found in PANDA.