Winter semester 20/21
The course will take place online at the times specified in PAUL. You can find the URL for the online courses in Panda. All lecture materials are also made available via Panda.
- Signals and systems: Time-continuous signals and systems, Fourier transformation, Correlation functions, Time-discrete signals and systems, Sampling theorem, Lowpass and Bandpass signals, Hilbert transformation
- Analog signal transmission: Amplitude modulation, Angle modulation
- Random variables and processes: Probability and random experiments, Distribution functions and density functions, Gaussian random variables, Discrete random variables, Expectation values, moments and correlations
- Digital signal transmission: PAM transmission systems, Impulse shaping, Eye diagram, Matched filter, Symbol error rates
- Information theory: Entropy, Optimal codes, Huffman codes, Channel capacity of time-discrete channels
- E. A. Lee, D. G. Messerschmitt: Digital Communication : Very good overview, many clear examples. The lecture complies with the book in some parts.
- J. G. Proakis: Digital Communications : A good book.
- H. D. Lüke: Signalübertragung : Good textbook, detailed description of signals and systems.
- K. D. Kammeyer: Nachrichtenübertragung
- C. Shannon: A mathematical theory of communication : The classic papers about modern communications engineering. Always recommendable!