Winter semester 2021/22
Please note that the course materials will preferably be provided via Panda. In case of doubt, the material in Panda will be more up-to-date than the material you can download from this website.
- Signals and systems: Time-continuous signals and systems, Fourier transformation, Correlation functions, Time-discrete signals and systems, Sampling theorem, Lowpass and Bandpass signals, Hilbert transformation
- Analog signal transmission: Amplitude modulation, Angle modulation
- Random variables and processes: Probability and random experiments, Distribution functions and density functions, Gaussian random variables, Discrete random variables, Expectation values, moments and correlations
- Digital signal transmission: PAM transmission systems, Impulse shaping, Eye diagram, Matched filter, Symbol error rates
- Information theory: Entropy, Optimal codes, Huffman codes, Channel capacity of time-discrete channels
- E. A. Lee, D. G. Messerschmitt: Digital Communication : Very good overview, many clear examples. The lecture complies with the book in some parts.
- J. G. Proakis: Digital Communications : A good book.
- H. D. Lüke: Signalübertragung : Good textbook, detailed description of signals and systems.
- K. D. Kammeyer: Nachrichtenübertragung
- C. Shannon: A mathematical theory of communication : The classic papers about modern communications engineering. Always recommendable!