If you are thinking about studying MS ESE at the University of Paderborn, you will have to meet a number of requirements.
- You will need to hold a school leaving certificate or similar qualification which qualifies you for admission to a German university.
- Furthermore, you need to hold a bachelor degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Your final grade in this program should be 2.5 (according to the German marking system).
- You will be admitted to the MS ESE if the responsible examination board confirms the equivalency of your bachelor degree.
- International students from non-EU countries need to show a GRE Revised General Test, typically with a score of at least 157 in the part "Quantitative Reasoning" and a minimum of 4.5 in the part "Analytical Writing". Students with very good grades in their Bachelor's degree may be admitted with lower scores. Note, however, that the test must be taken and the results included in the application in any case.
There are no entrance examinations.
Before you can start your academic studies, you need to prove that your English language skills are up to university standards.
You can enroll for the MS ESE if you have a very good command of the English language. To prove your language skills, the following certificates are accepted:
- a bachelor degree gained in Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, or the USA,
- a German bachelor degree obtained in a study program that has been accredited as an English language program,
- TOEFL with a minimum result of 550 (pencil and paper) or 80 (internet),
- Certificate in Advanced English (Cambridge ESOL),
- IELTS with a minimum result of 6.0.